North West Environmental Group (NWest) is seeking an energetic, highly motivated addition to our hazardous materials team in Victoria, BC. We offer competitive compensation and a complete benefits package. Operating throughout western Canada and the territories, we maintain a collaborative work environment and support team members in the pursuit of career goals including professional development.
The Hazardous Materials Project Manager will have an extensive knowledge and experience in the management of hazardous materials abatement. Reporting to a Senior Project Manager, as part of this leadership role, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the professional development of hazardous materials technicians and other junior staff through mentorship and training
- Liaising with clients and preparing proposals for building hazardous materials assessments, designated substance surveys, abatement oversight, removal of hazardous systems and the management of hazardous wastes
- Being responsible for assessing and evaluating client needs to ensure expectations are met.
- Working with other team members to support hazardous materials assessment and abatement projects
- Overseeing and/or executing hazardous materials project work
- Supervising occupational hygiene technicians in-field
- Reviewing contractor submittals, conducting inspections and completing other consulting duties in support of hazardous materials abatement
- Taking responsibility for budget and schedule considerations during project work, including change management
- Preparing detailed reports, safe work procedures, technical specifications and other technical documents related to hazardous materials abatement
- Completing project closure and client invoicing activities
- Contributing to the development of the hazardous materials team
- Five years experience in hazardous materials abatement or related construction field
- Class five driver’s license and vehicle insured for company use
- Proficiency with MS Office programs
- Advanced communication and time management skills
- Availability to work outside of core business hours
- Ability to travel throughout western Canada and to the US
NWest is a leader in occupational health, safety and environmental management in BC and we are excited to continue to build our team with motivated professionals.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent